Please reconsider bundled software

tranglos

Please reconsider bundled software

Post by tranglos » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:13 am

Dear Developers,

I first registered Anvir Task Manager Pro in 2008 and since then I have purchased paid upgrades twice. I really like this application and regularly use many of its features. (Great idea to include scheduled tasks in the startup section, thanks!)

What's disappointing is that you are now bundling third-party software with the installer. As a paying user, I don't appreciate that at all. I don't care what the bundled software is. By now almost everyone who ever installs downloaded software knows that whatever comes bundled is highly suspicious - doubly so if it's yet another browser toolbar. The AnVir installer comes not with one, but two piece of bundled crap (excuse my language, this is a technical term), each with a different UI for disabling it.

By doing so, you are diluting your own brand and casting suspicion on your own product. If not for the fact that I've used AnvVir Pro for so long, on seeing the bundled parasite software I would probably decide against giving AnVir a try, because I would no longer be sure if I can trust it. Given that AnVir should best be run with elevated privileges (so that it can modify certain settings in the system), trust is an important consideration.

Other than that, great job on the new version. Please just reconsider whether the bundled third-party apps are worth the customers they may scare away. They'd certainly do that to me.

applegot

Re: Please reconsider bundled software

Post by applegot » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Great job done! I too even choose bundled software for my PC. I always use antivirus for my PC to protect it permanently and I am quite satisfied with it. Till now I haven't encountered with any problem. If I found any I will definitely post my comment. The information provided below is really useful.

flogger123

Post by flogger123 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Good story. They always say, prevention is better than cure. Seems like this is getting good reviews. Image

david635k

Post by david635k » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:42 am

Form past couple of years i was using free anti virus software but now i don't like free version, so bundle offer will be better for me that i have wish to buy.

admin
Tech Support Team

Post by admin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi,

You can disable installation of bundled software during install.