Disk Icon in System Tray
Disk icon stays in system tray and represents
- Current load of logical disks
- Current temperature of physical disks (HDD)
Disk icon in system tray gets temperature via S.M.A.R.T. Some external disks don’t support SMART so temperature of such HDD is not shown. If there are few hard disk drives, disk icon in system tray shows current temperature of the most hot physical disk.
If there are few logical disks, tray icon shows disk load of the most loaded logical disk. High load of a disk means that programs currently read and write a lot of data to the disk.
Tooltip of disk icon in system tray shows following data:
- Disk load of each logical disk
- Temperature of each physical disk (admin rights required, disks must support S.M.A.R.T.)
- Processes that use disks most of all
- Free space on each logical disk
To activate tray-monitoring left-click on the Disk icon in system tray.